• Successful completion of a University Degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Environmental Science, or related discipline with an emphasis/major on GIS, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum one (1) year experience working with GIS and the development of cartographic and analytic products, including web services and applications, and user requirements and/or spatial information management.
• Experience working with relational database systems, spatial databases (e.g. ArcSDE, Oracle) including database standards, design and data models.
• Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GIS principles and use of ESRI’s GIS software and techniques, including ArcGIS Desktop.
• Knowledge of relational database systems, spatial data creation methods and techniques and spatial product delivery design and production.
• Working knowledge of programming languages (e.g. VBA).
• Understanding/experience of QA/QC principles and data integrity issues.
• Knowledge of municipal government responsibilities and practices.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to implement GIS applications and apply new technologies with minimal guidance.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to teach GIS to user community.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by February 27, 2017, quoting competition #20351. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$40.60 - $44.14 per hour. This is a Union position.