How do I qualify?
• You have advanced knowledge and experience in geographic information systems, remote sensing and other computer technologies in order to develop effective geospatial solutions.
• You have strong practical knowledge of surveying, remote imaging, photogrammetry, digital mapping and positioning systems.
• You have knowledge in geo-processing and related scripting languages including the use of GIS to develop scripts and programs.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• You have analytical and problem solving skills to assess clients' needs and develop solutions to improve program and service delivery.
• You have problem solving skills to analyze current business practices and procedures, incorporate new technology and initiate change.
• You can advise clients on information management priorities and develop/assist plans to improve program and service delivery.
• You have experience working with quantitative, statistical, error analysis, and accuracy assessment of temporal and spatial data to develop analytical methods.
Project Management and Coordinating Skills:
• You have proven project management experience to manage administrative and budgetary responsibilities of multiple projects.
• You can coordinate GI design and oversee the design and development process to address data and software solutions.
• You have coordinating skills to determine goals and objectives, analyze practices and procedures effectively use of technology to manage information more effectively and efficiently.
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
• You have communications skills to provide technical guidance/assistance/support and training to users and clients.
• You have well-developed interpersonal skills to work harmoniously and to collaborate and exchange information with diverse clients/partners.
- 1 Permanent, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule:
Category: Information Technology
Posted on: Friday, February 17, 2017
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, March 6, 2017 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.