EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- high School Grade 12 graduation plus an additional program of over two and up to three years, or equivalent (for example, GIS, Geomatics Technician, Urban and Planning Technician)
- over two years, up to and including three years current related experience and orientation, training & adjustment on the job itself.
OR equivalent to that combination KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- technical skills
- knowledge of legislation, regulations and corporate policies that impact area of responsibility
- attention to detail
- ability to follow instructions; undertake research and respond to inquiries
- good interpersonal skills to work with County staff and members of the public
- must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Level 4 - The incumbent must possess a combination of intermediate and advanced computer skills scored at 65% or higher for Outlook and at least one of Word / Excel / PowerPoint to ensure their
- proven ability to use desktop or department / division specific software packages on their own or combine information from different software packages to get the desired result
- solid understanding of the software to enable the incumbent to know the best tool to do the job efficiently.
- knowledge to utilize software to develop quality reports, professional looking presentations, publications and/or to develop complex spreadsheets for analysis or presentation of data (including use of formulae)
For the full position details please visit the Haldimand County website http://www.haldimandcounty.on.ca/careers.aspx