GoGeomatics is seeking a Bilingual GIS Data Specialist to work in Africa
GoGeomatics is seeking a bilingual (French/English) GIS Data Specialist to work in Africa on a large scale multicultural project.
Working under the GIS Manager as part of the GIS team, the GIS Data Specialist is responsible for geospatial data management quality and consistency in standards. Duties will include identification of errors and problems within datasets and subsequently the correction of these errors. Where possible the GIS Data Specialist will make recommendations for improving the GIS data management process in order to improve data quality. While the GIS Manager is not on site the GIS Data Specialist will also provide leadership to the GIS team consisting of 5-10 GIS resources on site.
The GIS data Specialist will be reporting and communicating within a wide range of stakeholders with varying levels of GIS expertise in Africa. Communications and team work form a major part of the GIS Data Specialists day to day work. Being able to communicate technical geospatial concepts and methodology of practice to non-technical audiences is a must. In addition to these duties the specialist will report to management on the progress of work and the challenges faced. The working environment in the office is French.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of working with ESRI GIS suite of tools as well as ArcServer, SQLServer
- Expertise working with airphoto & satellite imagery and datasets in multiple formats, geodatabase, shape, CAD
- Managerial maturity, diplomacy and experience working with clients in a multicultural and multinational setting.
- Bilingualism – The ability to communicate in English and French and write technical reports in English but also write periodically for communications in French.
- 2-3 years of experience assisting in the management and integration of geospatial datasets
- The ability to identify and correct errors or other issues relating to GIS datasets
- Expertise recommending potential improvements to GIS data management processes to improve data quality
Accommodation and benefits:
The work site is well developed, maintained and safe. Studio accommodation is provided which includes but is not limited to, bed, bath, TV, fridge, washing machine. The site also features a clinic, store, recreation hall, swimming pool, tennis court, and bar. Meals are included as part of the employment package. There is an airport at the work location and air shuttle or ground shuttle will be arranged to and from the international airport. There is a fully serviced medical clinic on site supporting the hundreds of workers on site. The site is fully secure with controlled access 24/7.
- Comprehensive expatriate medical insurance will be provided
- Flights to and from home to Africa for the duration of employment will be provided
- eals and accommodation at work site will be provided
Remuneration &work schedule:
The salary will be in line with experience and expertise of the candidate.
The employer will fly the employee home for breaks as part of the remuneration package.
Please Contact Jonathan Murphy at email@example.com with a cover letter that clearly explains how you meet the criteria for this position and a resume in PDF format.