Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Senior Data Scientist
- Posted on: August 1, 2022
- Full Time
- Brampton, ON
- Visit Company Website
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Come be part of the team that launched the 1st and largest 5G network in Canada! We are looking for talented individuals to join our RAN Engineering & Innovation team. Our team believes in data-driven decision making which is a crucial piece in building the next generation of network infrastructure that will power the wireless technologies of tomorrow.
As a Senior Wireless Data Scientist in Analytics & Insights team, the successful candidate will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of data-scientists, data-engineers, and developers on a wide range of problems. The candidate will use scientific rigor and statistical methods to harness the full potential of applied analytical solutions and tools for RAN Engineering and Innovation group.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects to improve engineering processes.
- Extract value hidden in data available in different Rogers data-stores by statistical analysis and computing.
- Develop/prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to leverage large, complex data sets available on-prem and from cloud to enable RAN engineering teams drive insights.
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual representation of quantitative information.
- Research and develop, forecasting, optimization, and analytical methods to improve the quality of Analytics and Insight team’s user facing products.
- Unlock the power of cloud services, having the freedom to leverage modern big data technologies to shape key platforms and products maintained by the team.
- Lead the key data-science initiatives owned by the team and provide coaching to the junior team members.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings, simplifying complex concepts and ideas through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work experience in data analysis related field.
- Experience with statistical and GIS software/languages (e.g., Python, R, MATLAB, geopandas, GeoServer) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience with visualization packages and tools (e.g., D3, Seaborn, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., Databricks, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods, time series analysis.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Subject matter expertise in telecommunications industry (Air interface to the Core network).
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 261234
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.