I&IT Lead Technology Specialist
I&IT Lead Technology Specialist
Consider this fantastic Geographic Information Systems (GIS) leadership opportunity. The GIS Centre for Excellence is currently looking for a motivated professional with GIS/IT knowledge and skills, to join our team, in the role of I&IT Lead Technology Specialist. If this challenging opportunity with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry interests you then don't hesitate to apply!What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• manage concurrent large and medium scale, technically complex GIS projects across a range of enterprise technologies and provide team leadership to software development teams
• provide authoritative technical leadership and expertise to oversee the design, development, deployment and on-going sustainment of the GIS Delivery Platform that supports high-profile I&IT solutions that support significant Government business lines and enable data discovery and access, maintenance, and spatial visualization
• provide authoritative technical advice and leadership to resolve complex systems problems and critical incidents (i.e. Esri, Oracle, Latitude Geographics, and other off-the-shelf applications)
• lead and participate in enterprise-wide or cross-jurisdictional projects and activitiesLocation:
Guelph, Peterborough, Sault Ste Marie, Sudbury, Toronto
How do I qualify? Leadership and project management knowledge/skills:
• You have demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing and delivering concurrent medium and large scale, technically complex projects across a range of enterprise technologies.
• You have knowledge of project management principles, methodology, tools and best practices, in order to lead and manage multiple complex systems design and delivery projects.
• You have ability to identify, monitor and manage risks and issues through to resolution or mitigation.
• You have team leadership skills to develop and sustain effective technical (software development) teams and foster cooperation.
• You have resource management skills to plan, organize, coordinate and control resources effectively.
• You have knowledge of technical and human resources change management approaches and tools. Technical expertise:
• You have knowledge of GIS systems/platform architecture, design, development, deployment and integration principles and technology, to oversee the design and development of complex highly integrated systems platforms.
• You have knowledge of current methodologies pertaining to systems analysis, design, development, testing and implementation methods, data, applications, networking and security, to direct and oversee systems platform design, development, and maintenance.
• You have knowledge of service delivery management, resource management and operational planning for multiple complex systems platforms, in order to manage and optimize the full platform life cycle. Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• You can assess and evaluate needs of clients for program delivery platforms (i.e. imaging, payment processing and data capture); and identify IT solutions to meet complex requirements.
• You can identify and assess the impacts of new solutions or enhancements on existing services and infrastructure for performance, sustainability and robustness.
• You can understand, assess and develop solutions for mitigating risk, where system failure would affect high volumes of public access, and create significant negative impact on program delivery and security.
• You can analyze technical quality of systems design; and ensure consistency and compliance of business solutions. Communication skills:
• You can lead complex client, vendor and stakeholder consultations, and provide authoritative and persuasive technical advice.
• You can prepare and present complex technical information and recommendations to technical and non- technical audiences, including senior management, clients and other stakeholders.
• You can negotiate customer service agreements and resource requirements with client senior management and other IT groups. Salary Range:
$73,769 - $107,220 per yearAdditional information:
- 1 Permanent, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region or 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, Toronto Region or 159 Cedar St, Sudbury, North Region or 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region or 70 Foster Dr, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, March 28, 2017,
by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers
and entering Job ID 105597
in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx
to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code