P.O. Box 920, Station A
Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Associate Computer Applications Support
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
Name and description of the hiring department:
Network Provisioning is an organization recognized by the telecommunications market for its innovation, service excellence and network readiness. Our team is committed to being the supplier of choice for customer-valued services, competitive technology and network solutions for anyone, anywhere. If creating solutions for the future energizes you, then Network Provisioning is the place to be.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Analyze, identify, isolate and report system problems
- Issue requests to modify applications based on specific user requirements, includes interfacing with end users and programmers to detail specifications
- Perform and/or coordinate testing, determine and validate test data, order creation, validate test cases and document testing outcomes
- Maintain or modify application/servers based on specific user/technical requirements
- Answers end user requests and provides application support
- Perform ID administration as per corporate policies
- Generate, validate and investigate status reports
- Create, revise and store application support documentation
- Create and maintain database
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Data analysis
- MS Access Intermediate (compiling/converting data analysis)
- MS Excel Intermediate level (remove/edit cell/formatting)
MS Word Intermediate level (editing documentation)
- MS PowerPoint basic level
- Knowledge of Windows operating system
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Self motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Strong customer focus
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Classic ASP
- Willing to take on new challenges and solve problems with minimal direction
- Knowledge of SAP systems
- Knowledge of the Access Network
- Completed minimum 1 year of Post-Secondary Degree Program Business or Engineering background or Industrial Engineering
- Solid focus on the Leadership Success Profile
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status : Summer Job
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Kitchener
Apply online on our website https://jobs.bce.ca/