Forsite Consultants Ltd., an innovative forest and land management company with 11 locations throughout Western Canada, has an opening for a GIS Mapping Technician at our Salmon Arm location. Kamloops is also an option.
Forsite is an industry leader in providing flexible work schedules, great remuneration, a solid benefits package, and a company matched pension. If you live in or have a desire to relocate to Salmon Arm, then you will find this position attractive.
Salmon Arm is located in the Shuswap, a world renowned vacation destination with a fantastic climate. The Shuswap is a destination of choice for families and adventurers with numerous activities to participate in. Located within an hour of two world class ski destinations, located at Revelstoke and Silver Star Mtn Resort, top notch cross country skiing at Larch Hills and Sovereign Lake, extensive mountain bike trails out your back door, boating , and endless summer activities on Shuswap Lake. Salmon Arm is the outdoor person's paradise.
• Strong ability to work both within a dynamic team environment and independently with little supervision.
• Proven skills in planning, organization, communication, and problem solving.
• Expertise with the ESRI ArcGIS suite of software tools.
• Knowledge of Cengea Resources software tools.
• Thorough understanding of geodatabases.
• A minimum of 1 year of forestry related experience.
• Familiarity with forest industry practices.
• A professional, friendly and courteous manner, being service and team oriented.
• Initiative and perseverance.
• Ability to work independently under limited direct supervision.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply on our website here http://www.forsite.ca/job-postings