MUNICIPALITY OF BROCKTON
100 Scott St., Box 68
Walkerton, Ontario (Canada)
Location: Walkerton, Ontario
Job Category: Array
Job ID: 1777
Employment Type: Array
THE MUNICIPALITY OF BROCKTON Requires a Full-Time Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
The Municipality of Brockton invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician.
Reporting to the Director of Operations the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician is responsible to facilitate the collection, compiling, input, storage and retrieval of data for the GIS/Tangible Capital Assets system.
Candidates must be self-motivated, be flexible, exhibit superior time management capabilities have excellent written/oral communication and computer skills including but not limited to; word processing, GPS survey equipment, ArcGIS 10 desktop, capital asset software and database management.
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in GIS or related discipline
• A minimum of 5 years working experience is considered an asset
• Demonstrate a willingness for continued education and training
• Thorough knowledge of the use of computer software including Microsoft 2010, ArcGIS 10 desktop suite of products
• Experience with spatial imagery is considered an asset
• Good organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload
• Knowledge of municipal infrastructure is considered an asset
• Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
A copy of the job task is available by visiting www.brockton.ca/careers.
Interested individuals should submit their resume to the undersigned by Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 4:30.
It should be noted that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send your resume and cover letters by email to: email@example.com
Colin Saunders, Director of Operations 100 Scott St., Box 68 WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Municipality of Brockton is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the Municipality if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation.