45 Munsee Street North, P.O. Box 400
Cayuga, Ontario (Canada)
Mapping & Graphics Technologist
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager, Planning & Development, the incumbent will:
- undertake a variety of tasks to ensure accurate and detailed mapping and graphics information is available for staff in the division, department and other areas within the corporation as well as members of the public
- develop digitized mapping that provides a complete and accurate digital mapping information file
- ensure property, zoning and Official Plan information is accurately portrayed within the computerized data base and is readily accessible to end users within the Municipality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- high School Grade 12 graduation plus an additional program of over two and up to three years, or equivalent (for example, GIS, Geomatics Technician, Urban and Planning Technician)
- over two years, up to and including three years current related experience and orientation, training & adjustment on the job itself.
OR equivalent to that combination KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- technical skills
- knowledge of legislation, regulations and corporate policies that impact area of responsibility
- attention to detail
- ability to follow instructions; undertake research and respond to inquiries
- good interpersonal skills to work with County staff and members of the public
- must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
Level 4 - The incumbent must possess a combination of intermediate and advanced computer skills scored at 65% or higher for Outlook and at least one of Word / Excel / PowerPoint to ensure their
- proven ability to use desktop or department / division specific software packages on their own or combine information from different software packages to get the desired result
- solid understanding of the software to enable the incumbent to know the best tool to do the job efficiently.
- knowledge to utilize software to develop quality reports, professional looking presentations, publications and/or to develop complex spreadsheets for analysis or presentation of data (including use of formulae)
For the full position details please visit the Haldimand County website http://www.haldimandcounty.on.ca/careers.aspx