Chartwell Consultants Ltd.
210 - 275 Fell Avenue
North Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada)
Web Application Developer
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Chartwell Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Web Application Developer to join our team in North Vancouver. Chartwell is looking for a self-motivated individual who has strong organizational skills and works well in a fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will work closely with staff and clients to create and maintain ArcGIS Online web applications and maintain a custom reporting framework.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate will have a BSc in Computing Science or related discipline and at least one year work experience, or a proven track record with server-side web application development. Experience and familiarity with our core technology stack is essential:
- Linux / PostgreSQL / Python
- Django framework
- HTML5 / CSS3 + frameworks (Bootstrap)
The ideal candidate will also have some experience in one or more of the following areas:
- RDBMS / SQL (data modeling, scripting)
- PostGIS (spatial data store); GIS libraries (GDAL/OGR/ESRI)
- UX (UI design, interaction design, AJAX, JSON)
- Linux / Apache or Cloud Server administration
- DevOps / Deployment tools and processes
We are looking for developers that understand / practice:
- Agile development methodology
- SOLID software development
- Object-oriented and/or Functional design patterns and principles
- Unit testing and Source code version control
Other Essential Attributes:
- You have a proven ability to listen, take direction, and work in teams.
- You have excellent communication skills and can gather requirements from non-technical clients, work with GIS staff on your team, and cooperate with other developers.
- You can acquire new skills and are able to research and troubleshoot problems creatively.
- You take the time to deeply understand requirements, and can also work efficiently without supervision or constant guidance.
- You take satisfaction from knowing your unit tests provide good coverage and the code you produce meets the user’s requirements.
- You thrive when challenged, enjoy researching new technologies, and produce top quality solutions.
- You possess strong data management skills.
- You are a Canadian citizen or legally qualified to work in Canada.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience using geospatial technology, including web mapping (ESRI, Leaflet, Openlayers) and GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS, PostGIS).
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Django, Dojo, Flask.
- Server-side development with Node.js.
Additional Information and Application:
Chartwell Consultants Ltd. offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. To apply, please forward a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.