Nature Conservancy of Canada
35 O’Connor St
Ottawa, Ontario (Canada)
IT Business Analys
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Category: Array
Job ID: 1799
Employment Type: Array
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for an IT Business Analyst to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the country’s leading private land conservation organization. As a non-profit, charitable organization we work in partnership with individuals, corporations, governments and other non-profit groups to protect our most important natural treasures. We take a collaborative and science-based approach to our mission. Since 1962 NCC and its partners have helped to conserve 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares), from coast to coast to coast. With National headquarters in Toronto and regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
An 18 month full time employee is required to assist with IT business solution projects at NCC. NCC is operating in a continually growing and changing land securement and stewardship business, the individual appointed will form part of the team which will drive critical initiatives identified by NCC’s business units centered on Conservation Information Management.
The focus for the appointee will be as a Business Analyst on information management projects that are being rolled out in 2016/2017. The role will involve working with the stakeholders and project managers through all stages of a project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in upcoming enhancements to NCC’s information management systems and data management including implementing BI tools. In respect of these, they will be responsible for:
1. Defining, analyzing and documenting project requirements
2. Analyzing and modeling the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements to be fulfilled by existing and proposed software
3. Evaluating potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements
4. Contributing to project planning
5. Support operating model design, systems migration processes and process re-engineering
6. Assist with the co-ordination, support and execution of test phases (including functional and regression testing) for systems and processes
7. Manage roll-out planning and execution of business solutions including training plans
8. Assess and validate business activities and determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements
9. Lead cross-functional business continuous improvement efforts
10. Create and evangelize best practices for design and development activities to advance IT’s business solutions efforts
This is an opportunity to work on a high profile conservation information management projects in partnership with internal and external parties such as senior management, operations, international land trusts and vendors.
1. Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent 2. Project Management and BA certification 3. 5-7 years BA experience 4. Proven understanding of project management methodologies 5. Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills 6. Strong analytical skills 7. Problem solving ability and good business judgement 8. Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills 9. Leadership
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations indicating “IT Business Analyst” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.