community

Extraterrestrial Geomatics: An interview with Dr. Nancy McKeown

I recently interviewed Dr. Nancy McKeown, who in 2010, gave a talk at the SETI Institute entitled: What Clays Can…

Fleming College: On GIS Day It’s About Careers

GIS Day, having been a few days ago, is still hot on my mind. Here at Fleming, there was a…

Surveying and CAD: Add GIS, Stir and Serve

When Jon Murphy asked me to write something about ‘Surveying and CAD’ this month I thought, “no problem, when do…

GIS in the School System

Fast forward to 2011. I was conducting research on latest trends in education re web 2.0; and, with my Intermediate/Secondary…

Surveyors

Canadian Surveying & Surveyors on GoGeomatics Canada

The month of November is all about surveying and CAD at GoGeomatics Canada. We are going to have quite a…

SAIT Polytechnic: BGIS

Here at the Bachelor of Applied Technology – Geographic Information Systems (BGIS) program at SAIT Polytechnic in Calgary, Alberta we…

Esri Canada User Conference Toronto 2012

As this is my first article with GoGeomatics Canada, I would like to start off by saying a warm hello…

GIS at Niagara College: Janet Finlay

Today we are doing an interview with Janet Finlay from Niagara College. She is an instructor for their GIS-Geospatial Management…

Geomatics Impromptu Interviews Part II

During our GoGeomatics Canada website launch party in Ottawa, we encouraged our guests to have a chat about geomatics. Here,…

2012 Selkirk College GIS Students

Tracey Harvey Part Two: GIS Instructor, Selkirk College

GoGeomatics Canada is looking to the west of Canada and speaking with Tracey Harvey GIS instructor at Selkirk College in…

British Columbia Institute of Technology

Sheila Churchill: GIS Instructor at British Columbia Institute of Technology

GoGeomatics: Welcome to the GoGeomatics Canada community. To begin, can you tell us where you are from and where you…

Website Launch Party Sponsor Thanks!

Our website launch parties couldn’t have gone off without the gracious support of the geomatics community from all across Canada.…