Canadian National Surveyors’ Conference 2013 from June 18-21
Are you excited about the upcoming National Surveyors’ Conference 2013 from June 18-21 in Niagara Falls? You should be! In case the previous article wasn’t enough to encourage you, here are some extra tidbits.
Recruiting & Retaining the Best & Brightest
An advocacy initiative for the surveying community.
This Interactive National Forum is part of a larger advocacy based initiative to share best practices, identify challenges, and inform initiatives which will enable our community to recruit, support, and retain the best and the brightest to a career in surveying.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be heard.
- short presentations by expert panelists
- panel debates on specific questions
- interactive discussion between panel & participants
- documented proceedings
The expert panel will include representatives from the surveying industry, the HR profession, post-secondary schools, CBEPS, associations, upcoming professionals, and others.
Why you should be there:
For managers, business owners
- Identify key areas to consider in your recruitment and retention practices.
- Gain insights for future business and career decisions.
For individual participants
- Identify trends and opportunities to help you position yourself and your skills for the career you want.
For the profession
- Take part in a national discussion about our profession in society.
- Help surveying gain a solid position in the area of recruiting and retaining great future surveyors.
- Be part of building a substantive action plan advocating to the best & the brightest out there to join our profession.
- Be heard in a key community dialogue.
Accompanying Persons Program
Niagara Falls is an area rich with activities and adventures! Accompanying persons can look forward to an exciting program that includes:
- Guided hike in Niagara Glen to observe native wildlife ad experience the roar of the white water rapids.
- Exploring the area around the falls, both Behind the Falls tour and the Maid of the Mist boat tour.
- Great shopping at Canada One Factory outlets
- VIP Wine Tour that includes a tour of Butterfly Conservatory, lunch at Queenston Heights Restaurant, and the Wine Sensory Garden Exploration at Reif Estate Winery .
- Tour of Fort George
- Niagara-on-the-Lake shopping and walk about
As well, you can take advantages of the many experience in the region, maybe take in a play at the Shaw Festival or visit the beautiful botanical gardens!
Register for this exciting event here!