International Employment Guide to Geospatial Careers in Canada
The International Employment Guide to Geospatial Careers in Canada is an e-book designed for international geospatial job seekers looking to move to Canada to work in GIS, remote sensing, surveying, geodesy, and geomatics engineering.
This guide brings together a wealth of information and expert advice in one easy-to-read manual.
This 78-page Career Guide includes valuable strategies, techniques, and resources to overcome common challenges when looking for work from overseas, compete in the Canadian job market, conduct a successful geomatics job search, and more.
This Guide is also full of links to outside sources for further reading and helpful resources like job search websites, Canadian geomatics programs, geomatics associations, and immigration resources. In addition, you will receive enhanced resume and cover letter templates that you can use for your own applications.
- The Canadian geomatics jobs report
- Introduction to Canada: Culture, regions, and employment
- Employment strategies for Canada
- The geomatics resume
- The geomatics cover letter
- A guide to Canadian staffing agencies
- Effective communication strategies
- A guide to interviews
- Social media and online networking
- Networking in person
- Licensing and certification
- Education and Canadian geospatial programs
- Canadian geomatics associations
- Canadian geomatics companies
- Immigration resources
Who Can Benefit from This Guide?
The International Employment Guide to Geospatial Careers in Canada is written for English-speaking geospatial professionals (GIS, remote sensing, surveying, geodesy, geomatics engineering, etc) outside of Canada who are interested in working in Canada’s geomatics sector.
International job seekers looking to work in Canada face many challenges, such as: Cultural differences, communication and language difficulties, unfamiliarity with the country and the job market, networking across long distances, and more. Whatever the particular challenge, the Career Guide provides the tools, resources, and expert strategies to overcome these barriers and more.
Please note that this e-book is available in English only. If you have any questions about this Career Guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your query.
To Purchase the Career Guide
The Career Guide is $40 (Canadian dollars). Please note that all sales are final.
- Register as a job seeker on the GoGeomatics website, or sign in with your existing account
- Go to the product page, and add the International Employment Guide to your cart
- Purchase the product with your credit card. You do not need a PayPal account