Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Advanced Analytics Analyst (Jr. Data Scientist)
- Posted on: May 8, 2019
- Full Time
- Toronto, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Reporting to the Director, Advanced Analytics, the Advanced Analytics Analyst (Jr. Data Scientist) is a key resource for the advancement of analytic fact-based decision making within the OLG. Pursuing innovative analytical techniques will be an everyday part of managing sensitive customer, operational, financial, digital and other non-financial data as a strategic resource. This position requires significant capacity to manage multiple competing objectives and a flair for communicating technical, often complex information in understandable terms to significantly different audiences.
What you will be doing:
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model validation, and model implementation
- Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new scalable and predictive models
- Participate in research into machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Responsible for supporting analytical initiatives, projects and deliverables across all OLG lines of business.
- Proactively monitor customer and operational performance across the Enterprise and report on areas of opportunity.
- Understand customer behaviour and assist in developing acquisition, augmentation and retention strategies.
- Develop analytical models, reports and dashboards
- Monitor published customer and operational data and take action/ownership to ensure accuracy, consistency, relevance and timeliness of the information.
- Responsible for the creation of support documentation for analysis findings, presentations, reports, templates, etc.
- Participate in the development of predictive modelling which identifies gaming market opportunity potential throughout Ontario, along with developing insight generation that aides with strategic business decision making.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand relevant business opportunities and propose analytics-based solutions to the business challenges, often working & collaborating closely with other teams across the organization.
- Optimize data workflows to automate ETL processes and increase speed of delivery for analytical outputs.
- Proactively collaborate across the enterprise with different business units to solve challenging data and modeling problems.
- Communicate with key stakeholders at all levels to translate complex concepts into actionable insights.
What we’re looking for:
- A University degree in statistics, computer science, economics, finance or mathematics.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, Git
- Knowledge of GIS platforms, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAS, R, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, GA 360, Excel
- 2 or more years of experience in an advanced analytical role.
- Experience working with Hadoop and related big data technologies.
- Experience building, updating and explaining data analysis and advanced analytical modeling.
- Experience wrangling, cleansing and automating disparate data sources to power analytical outputs.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 22, 2019
← Back to Job List