Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Alberta Land Surveyor, Project Manager
- Posted on: September 16, 2020
- Expires on: October 1, 2020
- Full Time
- Edmonton, Alberta,
- Visit Company Website
Alberta Land Surveyor, Project Manager
AB Geomatics – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – Full Time
GeoVerra is currently seeking an Alberta Land Surveyor, Project Manager (Transportation, Infrastructure, Industrial and Power) to support our Geomatics team, located in Edmonton. The primary purpose of this role is to maintain client relationships through exceptional client communication and Project Management for the delivery of services that meet or exceed client expectations. This is a leadership position and has significant impact with external clients and internal team members, and therefore needs to be connected and live out the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values through actions and results.
- Build, maintain and strengthen positive relationships with clients; be/become our clients’ trusted advisor.
- Lead and/or assist in preparing quality proposals in conjunction with our proposal office that meet the client’s requirements, including but not limited to defining scope, assumptions, standard content, execution plan, detailed cost estimates and project profitability estimates.
- Lead project teams to deliver quality work on time and on budget.
- Improve profitability of projects through effective planning and active scope/schedule management.
- Conduct Management Field Observations on a bi-annual basis to discuss safety with employees and ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained in accordance with GeoVerra’s standards.
- Monitor project and team performance. Forecast project outcomes and adjust where necessary to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Manage client expectations, scope creep and scope changes through active communication.
- Identify and resolve client, project and/or team issues.
- Communicate with clients and internal team members to ensure timely flow of information, actions, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Maintain a risk-aware project environment, recognizing risk events early and proactively mitigating.
- Ensure Quality, safety, legislation and industry standards are met or exceeded.
- Facilitate an environment of high performance. Mentor and support the development of self and the project team members.
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites.
Required Skills and Behaviours
- Alberta Land Surveyor (ALS) license or ability to obtain Alberta Land Survey license in a reasonable time frame;
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification or ability to obtain PMP within a reasonable time frame
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, B.Sc. in Geomatics or related discipline preferred.
- Professional designations (CET, P.Tech., CLS, P.Eng.) will be considered an asset
- 5+ years of previous project management experience with demonstrated success in managing: Client Expectations, Scope, Budget / Forecast, Schedule, and Quality
- 5+ years of previous project management experience with transportation and infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of project financial processes including estimating, managing and controlling costs, Operating Profit/Margins, and forecasting
- Strong client management and sales skills to increase year-of-year sales with new and existing clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
- Ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity.
- Computer literate; proficient in Windows; MS Word and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong awareness of project budget, scope and primary tasks to maintain project schedules.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, statutes and codes pertaining to project impacts and Land Surveying services.
- Adaptable and able to think outside the box.
- Ability to support and mentor/teach other members of the team.
GeoVerra has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.