Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Analyst – Lidar & Photogrammetry
- Posted on: September 4, 2019
- Expires on: September 28, 2019
- Full Time
- Mississauga , Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Fugro is currently seeking a Lidar and Photogremmetry Analyst for our Mississauga, ON office that will work full time to support Fugro’s Asset Management team by providing geospatial production management support, data processing / analysis, problem solving, task management as well as project oversight. This position requires daily production oversight and reporting for all geospatial related projects. The successful candidate must have in-depth expertise in one or more of the following subject areas and must be proficient with all of the following subjects including; LIDAR, photogrammetry, Feature Manipulation Engine (FME), GIS, ArcGIS, coordinate systems and projections, complex geospatial analysis and geodatabase design. The successful candidate must also have in-depth expertise in one or more of the following tools and must have proficient skills in the majority of the following tools: POSPac MMS, Optech’s LIDAR Mapping Suites, Microstation / Terrascan, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, MARS by Merrick, Global Mapper, Quick-Terrain Modeler, Google Earth, TopoDOT and Orbit GT.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Analyst include:
- Post processing (registration) of the LiDAR data
- Conduct LiDAR data compilation and analysis
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds
- Perform GPS Post-Processing
- Extraction of mapping features from LiDAR point clouds and generate CAD mapping for internal and external clients
- Importing geospatial data into AutoCAD, TopoDOT and/or MicroStation
- Process and input data from multiple sources
- Collaborate with team to identify and apply new technologies within the company
- A valid Driver’s License and daily access to a motor vehicle for possible regional travel
- Generating LiDAR tile layout, project area, and project requirements using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Building, testing, and running classification macros
- Classifying LiDAR point cloud data using Terrascan to meet client requirements
Analyzing alignment issues and applying relative adjustments to calibrate raw .las strips
- Adjusting data sets to surveyed ground control points
- Using your complete understanding of LIDAR theory and GIS discipline to troubleshoot advanced issues with senior data analysts
- Data feature extraction / compilation of roadside assets (bridges, guiderails, signage…etc
- Peer reviewing junior analyst classification work
- Researching innovative solutions to improve efficiencies utilizing new technologies, software and approaches
Position Duties/Work Responsibilities
- Perform advanced development tasks that require extensive technical knowledge. Work is performed individually or in a team environment.
- Support data quality issues by analyzing and advising appropriate remediation actions for various problem and challenging datasets.
- Continually participate in process improvement. Troubleshoot and provide solutions both locally and to global and regional production teams when applicable.
- Support new product development, initialize and develop new process work flow and procedure to standardize, automate and increase local and global production capability.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelors degree or higher in a geospatial field is desired, with a concentration in surveying, geomatics, or GIS
- Minimum of three years experience with emphasis on LiDAR data processing (required)
- Certified Mapping Scientist Lidar (desired)
- Certified photogrammetrist (desired)
- Certified (GIS/LIS Technologist (desired)
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.← Back to Job List