Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: September 10, 2019
- Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Visit Company Website
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- Generous vacation days
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
Why is this role important?
The Analyst maintains CIHI’s secure online analytic tools (i.e. Portal and Insight) as well as support internal and external clients with using our digital tools for analysis and reporting. The Analyst implements digital standards and governance to support and maintain CIHI’s websites. The Analyst is a key member of a multi-disciplinary, matrix team that spans responsibilities for education/training, technical development and testing, documentation, reporting design, client focused support, digital content publishing, accessibility compliance and digital content management. This role works closely with the Digital Experience and Digital Products and Engagement teams.
What you’ll do
• Completes regular user acceptance testing, quality assurance testing and maintenance activities for CIHI Websites, Portal and Insight, to ensure continuous quality improvement and adherence to digital standards including digital content publishing, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Policy, User Experience (Ux) Design Standards, archiving, Redundant Outdated and Trivial Content Policy (ROT) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – tagging, HTML/CSS.
• Supports internal and external use of Portal and Insight by responding to queries, participating in web conferences, developing and delivering user education, assisting in the development of reporting templates, GIS reporting, dashboard design and the creation of new analytical content in collaboration with program areas.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of CIHI’s data holdings, methodologies, health master data assets, analytical reports, corporate data standards and digital governance standards, to maintain and support CIHI’s digital products.
• Performs the day-to-day tasks needed to edit and publish content within a CMS/template driven site environment (Drupal). Assists Senior Web Analyst to complete work requests efficiently.
• Support CIHI’s accessibility implementation strategy. Performs full accessibility assessment for products development and enhancements. Provides guidance and support on accessibility design, implementation, and testing.
• Assists Ux team and designers with translating business requirements into meaningful and consistent experiences; conducting user research and usability testing; and preparing and documenting findings.
• Other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the table
• Undergraduate degree in health sciences, health information, health economics, computer science, information technology, digital delivery/publishing, statistics or similar field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum one to three years’ experience working in a health care-related, information management/processing environment.
• Experience with business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau or Business Objects and with Web production or digital content management/systems (Drupal)
Working knowledge of HTML and CSS with a strong focus on Web standards including digital content publishing, Ux, archiving, ROT, SEO, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 (A and AA) and AODA.
• Programming experience with data manipulation and statistical software, including SAS and/or SQL and experience manipulating and analyzing large relational databases.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terminology.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
• Experience in the development and delivery of educational activities and knowledge of the principles of adult learning is an asset.
• Ability to work as part of a matrix team.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.