Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Bilingual GIS Support Analyst
- Posted on: October 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Calgary, AB // Edmonton, AB // Halifax, NS // Kelowna, BC // Montreal, QC // Ottawa, ON // Quebec, QC // Toronto, ON // Vancouver, BC // Victoria, BC
- Visit Company Website
Esri Canada has an immediate need for a Bilingual GIS Support Analyst for our Technical Support Department, based in any of our main office locations.
As a Bilingual GIS Support Analyst, you will connect with Esri Canada’s customers to understand their goals and to support their diverse GIS related work using ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Apps and ArcGIS Pro software. Being resourceful, you will collaborate with colleagues to find creative solutions for complex issues, all while working in a dynamic and high performing environment.
The ideal Bilingual GIS Support Analyst has the following qualities:
- A genuine passion for GIS and Esri technology.
- A genuine interest in ensuring our customers success by offering industry leading customer service.
- Is resourceful and excels at problem solving even when faced with an unclear path to a solution.
- A commitment to continuous learning and approaches every challenge as a learning opportunity.
- Can quickly adapt to changes relating to technology and work responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Bilingual GIS Support Analyst responsibilities include:
- Provide high-quality technical support in a friendly and efficient manner to Esri Canada end users.
- Resolve and troubleshoot software issues related to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro technology in a tactful manner demonstrating a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Working collaboratively with other Esri colleagues to ensure that customer needs are being met.
- Identify and log defects for software improvements.
- Provide customers with possible workarounds when applicable.
- Maintain comprehensive case documentation in customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Assist in a variety of proactive support initiatives to empower our customers.
Specific skill requirements:
- Proficient written and verbal communication in both English and French.
- 2+ years of experience using ArcGIS Pro and Online products.
- Working knowledge of Esri products including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Apps and ArcGIS Pro technologies.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Strong research, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, retain large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Strong prioritization skills including managing time and workload efficiently.
- University degree and/or postgraduate certificate/diploma in Geography, GIS or a related discipline.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Previous work experience using ArcGIS Desktop and Geodatabases.
- Customer Service training or experience
- Understanding of REST based services / technologies
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current pandemic, Esri Canada employees currently work remotely with the flexibility to attend their assigned office locations on an as-needed basis, until an official return-to-office plan is finalized.
Once safe to do so, Esri Canada employees will be able to work from their assigned offices. However, they may apply for a work-from-home arrangement as per our Work From Home Policy, which allows some employees to establish a pre-approved remote work arrangement← Back to Job List