Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Business Center Managing Leader
- Posted on: April 11, 2019
- Full Time
- Calgary, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec is currently looking to grow its diverse and talented Geomatics team in Southern Alberta. We are rapidly diversifying our client base and evolving our Geospatial expertise. We need a leader to help us execute our strategic roadmap.
The Alberta South region is one of Stantec’s largest and most diverse regions. With representation from all of Stantec’s business lines, and projects in nearly every market sector, the variety of projects and clients we work with is nothing short of inspiring.
Join this dynamic leadership team, rubbing elbows with the brilliant minds working across the region. An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) for the Geomatics Business Center (BC) in the Alberta South region, located in Calgary.
Reporting directly to the Regional Leader (RL), The BCML is responsible and accountable for the BC’s operations/financial management and providing support to the Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) regarding delivery of professional services throughout the Alberta South region. The BCML implements effective business strategies and motivates other Team Leaders and Project Managers within the BC to deliver on targeted objectives. The BCML is expected to maintain contact with key clients by taking part in business development activities, contributing to proposals and projects, reviewing client agreements, etc.
- Ensures that Health and Safety key performance indicators are achieved and take the lead on developing a Health and Safety culture within the business centre;
- Manages operations, ensures the effective delivery of professional services, and drives financial performance for the Geomatics BC, within the Alberta South region;
- Sustains and grows the net revenue, gross margin, and operating income;
- Maintains client engagement while upholding personal utilization targets;
- Identifies and actively manages business development and enhancement opportunities;
- Partners with the other leaders to market discipline-specific technical expertise to local and regional clients, as well as global and national clients;
- Leads by example, encourages innovation, and provides opportunity to staff;
- Responsible for resource management processes, recruitment, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development for the BC;
- Leads the development of the BC annual budget in collaboration with the BCSL, BCDL and other BC leaders;
- Participates in the preparation of the annual BC Strategic Business Plan, outlining the vision, focus and priorities for implementation, and to set specific goals for performance and/or growth for the BC;
- Ensures data and drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards; and
- Ensures compliance with Stantec’s policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the BC.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of the Geomatics consulting business and the Southern Alberta market;
- Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business challenges of a consulting services provider;
- Strong operational and financial management skills with a minimum of 10 years of profit and loss management;
- Proven ability to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together cohesively as a team;
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose;
- Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of Geomatics projects;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines;
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills; and
- Possess the highest degree of integrity.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Land Management, or related equivalent with minimum 15 years of work experience. Commission as an Alberta Land Surveyor or Professional Engineering designation is preferred.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; however, some field work may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Geomatics Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule: Full-time← Back to Job List