Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
CAD Technician – New Grad Job
- Posted on: February 6, 2019
- Full Time
- Thornhill, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
CAD Technician – New Grad
Department Geomatics – Transp, Infra and Power
ID # 10105
Job Type Permanent – Full Time
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a motivated new graduate to join our Geomatics group, as CAD Technician, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the CAD Supervisor this position will be responsible for helping prepare drawings from survey data and assist in Geomatics related duties.
- Preparation of topographic survey drawings.
- Preparation of R-plans, M-plans, Plan of Surveys and all kinds of cadastral drawings.
- Producing different varieties of as-built drawings using collected field data.
- Following National Cad Standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with different business lines within the company (infrastructure, transportation…)
- Knowledge in drafting cadastral plans in Ontario.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D (surfaces, profiles, alignments…);
- Geomatics Engineering Technology/related field from an accredited College.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Excellent organization and technical writing skills;
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid G Driver’s License.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn new things;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.