Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: August 1, 2018
- London & Windsor Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil CADD Technologist in our Windsor and London office.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design drawings for civil and municipal infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients
- Assist project managers and engineers in the functional and detailed design (CADD design) of civil and municipal infrastructure related to water supply, sewers, roads, land development site servicing and drainage.
- Preparation of figures and display boards for presentations and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members including engineers, planners, scientists, and technical and administrative support staff
- Produce consistent, high quality work
- Ensure quality control of design and production drawing work
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel upon request
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Minimum ten (10) years’ work experience in engineering for municipalities and/or the land development industry
- Registered with the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of ON as an Applied Science Technologist or Certified Technician, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- Hands-on experience in functional and detailed design drawings of various civil and municipal infrastructure projects
- Proficient in the use of Civil 3D software
- Experience implementing OPSS standards and relevant municipal/provincial engineering standards and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of project design and implementation activities including development of design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, and contract administration
- GIS related experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Desktop Extensions and the ESRI Geodatabase format is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, including the ability work in a team environment
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.
Please reply providing a resume of education and experience to:
Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd.
Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8