Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Contract Instructors, Geomatics
- Posted on: November 28, 2019
- Visit Company Website
One of Alberta’s Top Employers for an eighth consecutive year, NAIT offers a welcoming and inclusive environment unrivaled in engagement and dynamism, and co-workers who are collaborative, respectful and supportive.
The School of Applied Sciences and Technology invites applications for contract Instructors in the Department of Infrastructure and Sustainable Design (I&SD) focusing on Geomatics Engineering Technology. The Instructor is responsible for assisting in the effective operation and development of the programs including holistic student engagement, course development and ever-greening, applied research, and scholarly activities.
Areas of focus for potential candidates would be enhancing student skill sets in:
- Extensive field survey experience
- Proficiency in the use of Leica Total Station & GNSS hardware, and software
- Proficiency in Mapping and GIS technologies and ESRI ArcGIS software
- Survey drafting and survey calculation
- Experience using AutoDesk and MicroSurvey software
- Experience using aerial and terrestrial scanning technology and scanning processing software will be considered as an asset
- Provide direct classroom/lab instruction while utilizing appropriate instructional strategies to maximize student motivation and learning in a skill-building environment;
- Assist in designing, developing, selecting and revising course curriculum and materials on a continuous basis, using the Institute prescribed process
- Evaluate the learning process: Ensure learning is evaluated in a reliable and timely manner, providing appropriate and timely feedback to students; Submit marks/records promptly;
- Provide coaching or referral for students who are experiencing difficulties in order to maximize retention and student success;
- Use the institute-approved process to regularly solicit feedback on instruction from students and use the results to improve instructional delivery;
- In accordance with a designated framework, utilize appropriate educational technology for communications, presentations, and program promotion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in Geomatics Engineering, Survey Engineering or a Diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology
- A commission as an Alberta Land Surveyor would be considered an asset
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html← Back to Job List