Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Coordinator, Geospatial Analytics and Reporting, Bell Mobility
- Posted on: January 9, 2022
- Full Time
- Verdun, QC // Mississauga, ON
- Visit Company Website
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
About the team
The Seamless Geospatial Analytics Squad, part of the Seamless Planning and Competitive Analytics team, supports in the planning, designing, building, and operating of Bell’s multi-billion-dollar broadcast, fiber, 5G, and security networks. Successful candidates joining the Seamless Geospatial Analytics Squad will be given the opportunity to get hands-on experience using cutting-edge next generation technology while collaborating with peers from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your expertise in GIS, coding, algorithms, analytics – fueled by your desire to learn – to support competitive strategic planning and help influence Bell’s future capital investments.
- Produce statistics reports on data collected from network elements, government demographics data such as population, Department of Industry data, geographical data, network performance, future deployments etc. that will be used in executive presentations, regulatory reports, marketing publications, internal presentations, and planning reports
- Manage projects such as GIS tools development with internal stakeholders and external partners, planning statistics deep dives, regulatory analysis, corporate responsibility reporting
- Develop and improve tools to deliver quicker, better, and more accurate results
- University Bachelor’s degree with a major in geography, cartography or surveying or minor in programming, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, software development or a College degree or DESS in GIS or Field or equivalent professional experience
- Excited to learn new things
- Great communicator – being bilingual is an asset!
- Able to independently solve complex technical problems
- Able to challenge a request and to take the initiative to propose a better way to deliver a result that will influence business decisions
- Able to independently manage meetings with many participants to deliver a result
- Able to independently build automation tools to improve the velocity and accuracy with which results are produced
- Familiarity with geospatial data manipulation tools such as MapInfo, Alteryx, Geopandas, Shapely, Mentum Planet, QGIS etc
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages that support GIS packages such as MapBasic, Python, Spectrum, Alteryx etc
- Familiarity with systems administration like Windows Server and Linux
- English ( written / spoken)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/14/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun← Back to Job List