Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Emerge Knowledge Design Inc.
- Posted on: February 20, 2021
- Full Time
- Winnipeg, MB
- Visit Company Website
Emerge Knowledge Design Inc. is the environmental technology company that delivers Re-TRAC Connect™, the leading waste diversion software system that government officials, private enterprises and sustainability professionals trust to efficiently collect, manage, and analyze recycling and solid waste data.
We are looking to leverage our well-established position in the waste management industry to develop a first-of-its-kind data service providing government agencies and other industry stakeholders access to a comprehensive set of material management data. This project will involve developing the technology to acquire, extract, formalize, analyze and integrate this data from a multitude of data sources, all in the interest of enabling Emerge and our customers to contribute to the transition to a circular economy.
As the Data Analyst you will:
- Lead the development, implementation, and integration of new data sources into a data acquisition pipeline
- Create processes and workflows to manage the data acquisition objective
- Design the data structures & systems that will contain this data
- Use your knowledge of third party cloud computing infrastructure to manage this pipeline from end-to-end
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Design visualizations and reports that provide enhanced meaning to the data
- Work with our product team to develop and deploy new analytics services, while ensuring seamless transition of processes and skills to overall Emerge operations
- Help us recognize our core purpose of accelerating the transition to a circular economy
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the area of computer science, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science/mathematics, engineering, or other related field
- Software engineering and programming (Python, R, Ruby, C++, GNU Octave, etc..)
- Data/Web scraping and integrating APIs across services
- Building big data storage solutions and schemas
- Using data science to bring organizational value
- 3rd party services for building toolsets & data pipelines (Amazon, Azure, Google)
- Collaboration and communication skills that allow you to effectively work across departments with different stakeholders
- ETL or ELT processes to organize and structure large data sets
- Knowledge of machine learning software & algorithms
- Bonus for experience with GIS mapping software
- We are located in the Exchange District (250 McDermot Avenue)
- Our preference is to hire a local candidate but we will entertain resumes from qualified remote workers who are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Data Scientist candidates will also be strongly considered
- Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging position with Emerge Knowledge Design Inc., apply today via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Human Resources – Data Analyst within the subject line and along with your resume, include a cover letter and up to three references. This submission will form your application.
We will only be in contact with candidates who provide a complete application and whom we choose to interview.← Back to Job List