Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Digital Construction Consultant
- Posted on: November 22, 2022
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
The Digital Construction Consultant has full responsibility for sales development of our relevant BIM to Field Portfolio of solutions including but not limited to advanced layout, high end detection, robotics, and relevant software & services within a specific geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing a tactical sales plan, creating account specific sales strategies, driving sales force competencies, supporting the
sales force by conducting product demonstrations, completing direct sales calls with customers and
implementing and steering product/marketing strategies in the application fields of our BIM to Field offering.
WHO IS HILTI?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
- Achieve sales and profitability targets for High-End Measuring Products & Services
- Analyze sales results, review customer fact base, identify key trades and customer size to develop tactical sales strategy
- Coordinate efforts of entire team of Account Managers, Regional Managers, Division Managers, Field Engineers & marketing team members with a goal of improving market reach of high-end measuring products
- Effectively qualify, consult & implement relevant solutions that meet our customers’ needs and expectations. This includes both short-term needs (tool training) and long-term needs (embedded workflow change)
- Provide the sales organization expert “hands-on” and software support for highly technical products
- Plan, develop and execute advanced layout and high-end detection product training for sales organization
- Plan and participation in, trade shows and other industry events
- Visit construction jobsites to demonstrate advanced layout and high-end detection products and their software
- Support launch of new products to customers and team members by acquainting them with product feature benefits and tool functionality
- Support pipeline activities within relevant customer implementations that can support additional upstream BIM-relevant solutions
- Support marketing by identifying and sharing new market and application opportunities
- Test new products, collect data and customer feedback and provide marketing support to ensure new products are developed according to industry and customer needs
- Keep in close contact with customers to determine application and service needs
- Providing input into the development of competitor databases
- Communicate planning & recording activities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Smart phone applications
- Maintain knowledge of assigned product portfolio and related services (i.e. LTS, Fleet, etc)
- Provide leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members within defined mentorship program
Other duties as assigned
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
WHAT YOU NEED IS:
*CONTRACT POSITION* Up to 2 year contract position for maternity leave
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Preferred areas of study include: Business & Economics, Civil, Structural, Surveying or related engineering field
- MBA preferred
- 4 – 6 years of successful outside direct sales experience and/or 2 years direct sales management experience
- Experience with Consultative and/or Solution selling is strongly preferred.
- Experience with commercial construction processes on jobsites
- Basic understanding of BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit) recommended
- Proven time and territory management (TTM) success
- Ability to create and drive data driven strategic sales plan
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong matrix manager with ability to create team buy-in and lead group
- Learning agility: Fast to action with the confidence that they can learn along the way
- Strong technical aptitude
- Willingness to relocate to assigned geography required for B2FC position and elsewhere for possible future positions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to speak English fluently
- 2-5 years of experience in optical field (i.e. total stations)
- 2-5 years of surveying experience in the construction field
- 5 years of Hilti or equivalent sales experience
- Computer experience using CAD and/or Revit
- Bi-lingual in English and French
Vehicle/Driver’s License Requirements:
A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Work is performed in jobsite conditions, which may include working at high elevations.
Up to 40% domestic and international travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
Job requires walking on simulated construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs
Simulated construction jobsites may also lead to exposure of excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some simulated jobsites
High occurrence of sitting, standing, bending while conducted training exercises
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COSHR)
Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb ladders and scaffolding, and able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds