- Plan, organize, manage, monitor and evaluate the Department’s business development activities and the services we offer;
- Devise strategies and take the necessary actions required to implement the Department’s annual strategic plan;
- Analyze customers’ needs and supervise the preparation of bids and proposals, including negotiations with clients;
- Ensure customer satisfaction and customer service;
- Manage the satellite image sales desk and its staff;
- Guide and coordinate marketing activities in collaboration with the Vice-President, including selecting and taking part to various conventions;
- Maintain relationships with satellite images suppliers and negotiate reseller agreements;
- Work closely with the Vice-President – Earth Observation to plan short to long-term sales and business development activities of the Department, including budgeting;
- Assess your employees’ performance and achievements;
- Coordinate sales and business development processes in SAP (opportunities, offers, etc);
- Guide the Department’s technological roadmap in support of developing innovative offers to our customers ;
- Ensures relevant ISO 9001 organizational standards are met.
Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Director, Sales and Business Development – Earth Observation
- Posted on: November 29, 2019
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
Known for its leadership in the field of geomatics, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial data-driven solutions since 1991 in Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies. We offer our customers a one-stop shop for all their geoformation needs.
We serve numerous markets, including telecommunications, energy, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, engineering, forestry, and agriculture. We draw from a vast selection of geospatial data collection tools to provide services ranging from satellite image analysis to the development of custom solutions supporting mapping, monitoring, and asset management.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on employee development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 professionals and technicians, whose talent and passion are key to our success.
- Bachelor degree in administration, geomatics or another related field;
- Training in sales and business development, an asset.
- You have a good command of spoken and written English and French;
- You are capable of developing sales strategies and a business development plan;
- You are a quick learner and a team player;
- You are efficient at managing several priorities;
- You have a very dynamic personality;
- You have a well-developed network in the mining, energy and natural resources sectors, as well as at the different levels of the Canadian governments (federal, provincial, or municipal).
Special requirement: You must be available to travel domestically and abroad, when needed.
- Work-family balance with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental);
- Training program;
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25);
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services.