Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Drafting CADD Technician III
- Posted on: June 10, 2019
- Expires on: June 17, 2019
- Full Time
- North York, Victoria Park, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Bargaining Unit/Local: Unifor Local 975
Primary Location: North York, Victoria Park
Closing Date: June 17, 2019
Primary Focus: The CADD Technician III is responsible for completing basic drafting requirements for simple projects.
- Using Microstation CAD software, prepare plans for utility permits and construction purposes
- Plotting of design in EGIS and update record in Maximo
- Verify and check as-built drawings and field notes that will be used in Drafting and EGIS
- Provide mark-ups for third party design proposals
- Review and validate design for utility conflicts and compliance to Municipal Consent requirements
- Preparation of various consultants plans; general, civil or hydro plans, survey plans for use in design
- Education – post secondary, college diploma in a CAD related technical discipline which could include engineering and/or geographic information systems education
- Minimum 1-year work experience using Microstation or alternative CAD software
- Experience in geo mapping systems is an asset, e.g. GIS
- Ability to read mechanical, civil, survey and hydro plans and complete mark-ups of external utility drawings
- Ability to interpret company asset records, such as Field Notes, Missy Tickets, As-laids, GIS plots and schematics
- Field experience as pipeline inspector is an asset
- High attention to details and can work under time pressure
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, use good judgement and meet required deadlines
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
NOTE: As this position is within the Local Bargaining Unit identified above, please note that members will be given first consideration.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.← Back to Job List