Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Environmental Science Field Intern – Summer 2022
- Posted on: January 14, 2022
- Burnaby, BC
- Visit Company Website
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As an Environmental Science Field Intern based out of Kitimat, Terrace, Smithers, Prince George, or Vancouver – you will too!
You’ll impact the world around you by helping us solve real-life challenges. YOU are the future of our company. We’ll rely on you to provide support to our teams on critical projects while fostering a culture of continuous learning as you bring fresh ideas to the table. You’ll assist project managers in delivering environmental services on time and within budget for world class projects. You’ll work with a knowledgeable and collaborative team as you support projects through field data collection efforts, data management and review, and assisting with the development of technical reports and regulatory applications for privately-owned infrastructure projects. This position is anticipated to be comprised of 80% of travel (up to 18 days at a time) and 20% office work.
Pave the way for your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Must be in pursuit of a related college or university program (e.g. biology, environmental science, ecology, botany, planning, GIS)
- Must have completed at least 2 years of schooling and be returning to school in the Fall
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Eligibility to fly on domestic flights as per current Federal Regulations
- Must hold a valid driver’s license in Canada
- Clean Driver’s abstract
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest and prior experience conducting fieldwork (e.g. through coursework or previous internships)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Dedication to safety.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision.