Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Forestry – Summer Interns: 15 Positions (BC, AB, SK, ON)
- Posted on: September 16, 2020
- Expires on: October 9, 2020
- Canada - various
- Visit Company Website
Forestry – Summer Interns–01015234
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Job Type: Internship
- Shift: Day (1st)
Weyerhaeuser Timberlands Divisions (Weyerhaeuser Company Limited) are seeking up to 15 or more highly motivated individuals to assist us with our general forestry operations. These positions will run from early May 2021 until the end of August 2021. Additional longer term 8-12 month positions may be available for the appropriate candidate.
Weyerhaeuser operations are located in Alberta (Drayton Valley, Edson, and Grande Prairie), Saskatchewan (Hudson Bay), Ontario (Kenora) and British Columbia (Princeton and Penticton).
The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting our company operations in the areas of Forest Measurements, Silviculture, Harvest and Haul Operations, Operational Planning, and/or Road Development.
There are 15 developmental opportunities available, with 4 in Drayton Valley and/or Edson, Alberta (Pembina Timberlands), 7 in Grande Prairie, Alberta and 4 in Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan.
To be considered, please apply online no later than October 9 2020.
We are looking for:
- Students currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year forestry or resource management program, where graduating students will only be considered if they are continuing on to further education following summer employment.
Additional qualifications are:
- Strong safety values and behaviors
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Physical ability for field work including ATV and 4WD pickup operation Understanding of sound environmental practices
- High comfort level with working and traveling in remote forestland areas Previous forestry operations experience would be a significant asset
- Valid drivers license without conditions (varies by province)
- Assets include experience compassing & using a GPS, valid First Aid training, ATV Safety Course, driving pickups including pulling a trailer, and Microsoft Office experience.
Weyerhaeuser offers a competitive compensation package including certain benefits for temporary positions. The specific compensation will be commensurate with the experience and capabilities of the successful candidate. Relocation reimbursement, training, and all personal protective equipment provided.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we’ve been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.← Back to Job List