Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst – (2024 Winter Co-op)
- Posted on: November 14, 2023
- Oakville, ON | Remote
- Visit Company Website
Data – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) /
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A WORKPLACE THAT HAS…
4 month contract working remote from January to April 2023 (full-time)
As part of the GIS team at Pelmorex/The Weather Network, the GIS Intern is responsible for organizing, updating and validating datasets using the ArcGIS and FME suite of products. The intern will also create maps and reports for various business units. In addition, the incumbent will help to automate spatial analysis processes and contribute to the documentation of these processes. The successful candidate will gain valuable experience about GIS workflows and how GIS data is used at The Weather Network and have a direct impact on content displayed online.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAY TO DAY LOOK LIKE:
- Validate, correct and update various spatial datasets
- Analyze polygon data and correct as necessary for improvement of online products
- Generate reports and maps using various data sets
- Aid in testing and automating spatial analysis processes to improve workflows
- Gather, analyze and integrate new and updated spatial data, and determine how best the information can be displayed
- Document and test all processes and applications related to the creation of profiling files
- Identify possible impact of data changes for various business units
- Delineate areas for ad targeting
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Geography or a related discipline. We’re looking for someone who’s already made it through their first year!
- You know your world geography like the back of your hand!
- Very strong communication and report writing skills
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
You are Made for This if You…
- You have experience with the ArcGIS suite of products
- Working knowledge of FME
- Experience scripting using Python
- Knowledge of PostGresSQL
- Knowledge of OpenStreetMaps
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and a casual work environment. Remote Work environment with the option to #Chooseourownadventure. Read more about our remote work environment here!
OUR PROMISE TO YOU…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere