Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geologist – Data Systems – 12 month contract
- Posted on: November 16, 2020
- Toronto, ON
- Visit Company Website
The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross’ operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT, Investor Relations, Exploration, Geology and Mine Planning, among others.
The Geologist, Data Systems will help maintain and support geologic data systems across Kinross. Reports to Senior Manager, Geologic Data Systems & GIS.
- Provide support to all sites on the maintenance of geological data in acQuire and GIS systems
- Provide guidance on the use and implementation of standard practices in the capture, maintenance and integrity of all forms of geologic data.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality assurance / quality control protocols and systems in the database for geologic data, to ensure a sound foundation for resource models and other applications.
- Work closely with other members of the Corporate Database Team and site database administrators to support KTS resource geologists providing validated data when required.
- Train site geologists and database administrators in the management, visualization and presentation of geologic data.
- Develop, disseminate and maintain tools and systems that enhance the utility of geologic data for all users, including processes for geologic logging, grade control, and exports to geologic modelling software.
- Management of multiple technological projects simultaneously.
- Undergraduate Degree in Geology, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience in the mining industry.
- Mining Operations and/or Exploration experience.
- Experience implementing and supporting geologic data systems.
- Understanding of Kinross site or exploration geology work processes.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, technical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Previous work experience using acQuire, Fusion and/or other database software.
- Ability to speak Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian is an asset, but not a requirement.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.← Back to Job List