Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geomatics CAD Manager
- Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Expires on: July 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Challenger Geomatics is a leading provider of land surveying, mapping, and related professional services. We produce a wide range of plans and other types of deliverables for our clients and are looking to add an experienced person to lead our office technical team. The Geomatics CAD Manager will be responsible for managing workflows for our Edmonton Survey / Drafting Technologists and coordinating ongoing project operations. This includes distributing assignments, managing computing resources, and maintaining company standards for product quality and cost-control.
The Geomatics CAD Manager in Edmonton will initially report to the Office Resource lead in Calgary.
- Plan for future project requirements and allocate resources accordingly.
- Monitor project progress and service quality to hold personnel accountable for their performance.
- Coordinate the office work with project managers and effectively distribute workload among the staff.
- Facilitate technical training and professional growth for existing employees.
- Provide support for technical software.
- Participate in the recruitment of new technical employees as needed and provide orientation.
- Perform all supervisory health and safety duties as identified in the company’s health and safety manual.
- Monitor production of client deliverables and maintain quality standards.
- Participate in the development and review of product standards. Implement new processes and product standards as needed.
- Collaborate with other resource managers to promote an integrated geomatics service and standard.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of computing/CAD experience in Geomatics.
- Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- Ability to lead and build a collaborative and healthy team environment.
- A commitment to continual professional development.
- Superior attention to detail and extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.