Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geomatics Engineering Technologist
- Posted on: October 1, 2018
- Calgary, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Precision Geomatics is searching for an experienced, motivated individual who is a Geomatics graduate to work out of their Calgary office.
- Work closely with team members to ensure quick turn around on projects
- Keep Project Managers appraised of project and any concerns
- Review project for completeness prior to distributing to client
- Confirm that proper field work procedures were followed and that all required survey measurements were collected
- Data Processing:
- Work within the Trimble Business Centre to process RTK, static and conventional data
- Complete quality assurance checks on all RTK data being received
- Analyze all raw RTK data as it comes in from the field
- Correct any field errors as identified
- Integrate GPS data with conventional observations
- Plan Checking-Perform Quality Control checks ensuring that:
- Numbers and labels identified on plans are correct
o All interests are represented on plans
- Client instructions have been addressed and that the full scope of the work has been met
- Plans meet all regulatory requirements with Land Titles, ERCB, ALSA, MSP and SRD
- The survey measurements and closures have been compared with the registered plans
- We uphold all existing plan standards and strive for consistency in drafting
- Interpret surveyors’ notes, sketches, air-photos and large digital data sets
- Flag any identified field errors and consult the overseeing ALS or speak with Party Chief regarding errors, when required create a black file with any field correction information and provide to the ALS.
- Update and complete all digital tracking and data storage records pertaining to each project
- Mentor junior draftspersons and field staff as required.
- Communicate effectively with the Field Staff, Drafters, other Plan Checkers and Project Managers to ensure that projects are completed with maximum efficiency.
- Identify areas of recurring mistakes as well as opportunities to eliminate errors and improve workflow
- Be a positive team member and contribute as needed in the day to day operations of the office.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience with Trimble Business Centre(TBC) is essential
- Diploma from a recognized Geomatics Program or equivalent, and/or a combination of training and experience in plan checking or in the field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize and work with multiple projects at a time while managing tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Expertise in MicroSurvey would be an asset
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in land surveying, specifically within the oil and gas sector in pipeline construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and professionalism