Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geomatics Project Officer in Training
Government of Canada
- Posted on: August 14, 2019
- Full Time
- Across Canada
- Visit Company Website
Natural Resources Canada – Strategic Policy and Results Sector – Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation
Ottawa (Ontario), Sherbrooke (Québec)
EN-SUR-01, EN-SUR-02, EN-SUR-03
$53,105 to $109,493
For further information on the organization, please visit Natural Resources Canada
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution with acceptable specialization in land survey theory and practice or related field, such as geomatics, physical geography, geodesy and remote sensing (ENSUR 01/02/03).
Significant experience * in the acquisition or analysis or processing or representation of geospatial data.
Experience providing technical advice and problem-solving services to clients / partners and managers.
Recent and significant experience ** in the analysis and processing of geospatial data.
Recent and significant experience ** in the design and implementation of geospatial data processing systems.
Experience preparing analytical and technical documents and reports.
Experience establishing and develop project goals and priorities.
* Significant experience is defined as experience generally acquired over 2 years within the last 5 years.
** Recent and significant experience is defined as experience generally acquired over 5 years within the last 7 years.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
Master’s, doctorate or post-graduate diploma in Geomatics or a related field with an acceptable specialization in Geomatics (ENSUR 01/02/03).
Experience operating geospatial databases.
Experience applying digital mapping techniques to produce maps according to specifications and standards.
Experience applying Big Data concepts in the field of geomatics.
Experience applying artificial intelligence concepts in the field of geomatics.
Experience developing applications using high–level programming languages.
Experience manipulating, analyzing, processing and interpreting satellite imagery, RADAR data and Lidar data.
Experience analyzing and modelling applications or software components.
Experience developing strategies and identifying opportunities to increase the use of geospatial data and services.
Experience writing statements of work and collaborative agreements.
Experience leading project teams.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
English essential; French essential; English or French; Bilingual imperative: BBB / BBB; Bilingual imperative: CBC / CBC
Knowledge of the field of geomatics regarding the acquisition, management, analysis and dissemination of data.
Knowledge of geospatial standards.
Knowledge of project management principles (launch, planning, monitoring, evaluation).
Knowledge of trends and issues related to the acquisition, management and dissemination of geospatial data.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
Ability to communicate effectively orally.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to identify and analyze problems and recommend viable solutions.
Thinking things through.
Ability to organize work and establish priorities to meet deadlines.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Natural Resources Canada is committed to establishing and maintaining a representative workforce. Qualified candidates who self-declare as members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities or women (in non-traditional occupations) could be selected to meet an employment equity gap.
Willingness and ability to travel.
Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and work overtime.
** OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS WILL VARY ACCORDING TO THE POSITION TO BE FILLED.
Conditions of employment
Reliability security clearance (EN SUR 01/02)
Secret security clearance (EN SUR 03)
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
1. All applications must be submitted online through the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS). DO NOT email, fax or mail in applications, as these will NOT be accepted.
2. Acknowledgment of receipts of applications will not be sent; we will only contact successful applicants when the screening process has been completed.
3. It is recommended that you describe the experience examples in specific terms, providing sufficient details so that the Assessment Board can clearly understand. Describe the Situation/Task, the Action you took, what the Results were, what you accomplished and/or what you learned. Your CV/résumé must support content of your response as your responses to these questions will be used as a primary source of information and your CV/résumé will only be used to validate this information.
4. Applicants are required to meet the Essential Qualifications. Asset Qualifications MAY be applied at any point in the assessment process. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to answer Asset Qualifications questions in your online application. Applicants do not need to meet any/all of the Asset Qualifications for consideration, however, possessing any/all of the Asset Qualifications may increase the likelihood of being considered for an appointment.
5. For this staffing process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail. This may include: information requests, invitations, online examination administration, provision of assessment results, etc.
6. Applicants must include in their application a valid e-mail address that is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. Some e-mail systems block this type of e-mail so ensure to check / view your spam folder regularly.
7. Candidates should be prepared to provide proof of education (copy of degree/diploma) and citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have obtained education outside Canada, you will be required to submit proof of evaluation of Canadian equivalency.
8. Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at http://www.cicic.ca/.
9. Candidates from outside the public service may be required to pay for travel costs associated with this selection process.
10. Performance Management Agreements and Talent Management information may be used in the selection of candidates for appointments.
11. An exam may be administered
12. An interview may be conducted
13. Reference checks may be sought
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Jayme Condie, Human Resources Specialist Advisor, Staffing Operations|