Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geomatics Technologist (Temporary, 1 Year Term)
- Posted on: January 3, 2019
- Expires on: February 2, 2019
- Visit Company Website
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth within our Edmonton geomatics practice, we are seeking an experienced and talented Geomatics Technologist to join our team on a temporary basis for a one-year term. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Working on a wide range legal survey and construction survey projects including subdivisions, condominiums, roadways and other development projects
- Completing drafting, calculations and checking of a variety of legal plans and site plans
- Working with an Alberta Land Surveyor on boundary evidence assessment, site and data management
- Supervising and mentoring the work of a Junior Technologist/Survey Assistant
Please note that extended health and dental benefits, as well as paid vacation and sick time, are included in the renumeration package for this position.
Our preferred candidate will be an Intermediate Technologist with a diploma in Geomatics Engineering with three (3) or more years experience in municipal and land development projects. In addition, the following attributes and interests would be considered of great benefit to this role:
- Familiar with Leica equipment and software
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic, able to establish rapport with, and anticipate needs of clients
- Innovative, open minded and committed to developing efficiencies and improvements
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with individuals from varied backgrounds and technical abilities
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Possess a Class 5 Driver’s License for travel to/from work sites
- Ability to work throughout Alberta and North Eastern BC
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our legal survey practice, Urban Systems Survey Inc. (USSI) was established in 2012 to address the growing legal survey needs of Urban Systems Ltd.’s clients. Since its inception, USSI has integrated its service offerings with Urban Systems to provide our clients with a full suite of consulting services.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ongoing career development and learning
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with your salary expectations and a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 18, 2019← Back to Job List