Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: March 26, 2020
- Full Time
- Visit Company Website
VAS-G&U’s Vision for 2020 is to be the premier provider of geospatial data & services to Government, Commercial & Utilities Industries. The Senior Geospatial Analyst provides Geospatial subject matter expertise from a both a Business & Technical perspective to support the 5-year strategy execution for G&U vertical. Collaborates with the business to translate functional business needs into requirements for Information Technology systems.
Key result areas for the role include successful modernization of the Teranet Xchange platform – a strategic initiative approved for 2020. Facilitate a pilot program with select customers before end of 2020. Transition existing customers to the modernized platform by 2021 and onboard new customers.
As a business enabler and service provider, the Senior Geospatial Analyst will assist in the identification of effective business solutions to meet the business goals of the organization and recommend solutions that maximize efficiencies and align with operational goals for the organization.
- Support Modernization of the Teranet Xchange Platform and its successful deployment. Gather and analyse customer requirements w.r.t Teranet Xchange services deployment and provide input to product management, product development, IS and operations teams.
- Manage the geospatial data products & services, and administer the Modernized Teranet Xchange Platform on an ongoing basis. Participate in defining project scope and champion stakeholder needs; develop comprehensive business requirements, project plans and establish key deliverables.
- Develop & execute on plans to successfully transition and onboard customers to Modernized Teranet Xchange Platform. Co-ordinate and manage deliverables effectively and ensure they are on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards
- Assist in pre-sales and business development by evaluating and providing the necessary SME/Technical inputs to proposals in responses to RFPs or other sales/business development opportunities.
- Ensure organizational and customer success by providing subject matter expertise/knowledge support as needed.
- University degree in GIS and/or Engineering with geography, geomatics, mathematics, computer science or related field. Masters preferred.
- Relevant Certifications in GIS, Enterprise Systems Architecture, etc. or equivalent proven experience
- Proficiency with the Esri technology, specifically ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online as well as ArcGIS Desktop/Pro and their associated COTS solutions
- Experience with FME Server/Desktop, Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, automated cartography, computer science, programming, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud technologies
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Be self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn – you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Bachelor’s in geography, computer science, engineering, business administration, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- 8+ year of experience, of which 5+ years in designing & implementing Enterprise GIS solutions, specifically ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise/Online and 3+ years in using and customizing GIS and related technology.