Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geospatial – Data intelligence Manager Job
- Posted on: September 10, 2018
- Expires on: September 28, 2018
- Montreal, Quebec
- Visit Company Website
CN harnesses the power of information every minute of every day to make better decisions. Almost every aspect of our business relies on technology; this is why CN invests around $100 million every year on IT projects and infrastructure. And with close to 1,000 in-house employees, CN’s IT team is more than a first-class technology shop – they’re railroaders, dedicated to enabling our people to work better and to helping our trains run safely.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
Manage and lead a team responsible for the profiling, analyzing and modeling of geospatial information required to support fact-based decision-making and continuous process improvement in a railway context.
This role ensures compatibility and integration of spatial data record with related spatial entities within the enterprise geospatial repository.
Provide direction for CN’s Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to deliver new data solutions as well as maintain, support & upgrade existing data records covering CN Business domains such as Accounting, Finance, Mechanical, Engineering, Safety, Risk Mgmt., Supply Mgmt. and Human Resources
- Oversee the design and build of GIS topological models and related railroad business rules, spatial algorithms, referential integrity definitions, source-to-target data mapping and spatial query performance optimization for CN enterprise geospatial repository. Ensure related workload is properly assessed, estimated, resourced & tracked, all tasks progress efficiently and are delivered fit-for-purpose (25%)
- Oversee the design, build and support of systems and processes to ensure geospatial data flowing into CN’s enterprise geospatial repository (including PTC master Data for Sdiv .OPK) is accurate and successfully integrated. Oversight includes data quality reviews, data quality monitoring & monitoring automation, cross-domain data alignment and management of major changes (40%)
- Work with the GIS team, Business Users to provide overall team direction aligned with IT strategy and ensure adoption of best practices in data profiling, analysis, modeling and reporting leveraging existing tools (e.g., ERwin, Oracle Spatial, LRS, and GIS Automated Report System). Ensure relevance of and compliance with guiding principles, detailed standards, reference architecture and basis of estimates (BoE) (25%)
- Recruit, onboard, coach and develop a team of GIS Analysts, Spatial Modellers and Spatial Data Management professionals both employees & consultants. Lead, mentor and provide guidance to the Spatial Data Modelling Team & Spatial data mgmt. team. Ensure development of career planning and training objectives for direct reports. Ensure strong internal and external team collaboration. Promote an spirit of transparency, open communication and commitment to continuous process improvement (10%)
- Minimum 10 years experience with Oracle Spatial technology and/or asset management in GIS enterprise system.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Operating and supporting GIS Enterprise Railroad Assets management solutions.
- Experience with GIS asset management system design and maintenance strategy
- Ability to design linear reference model (LRM and LRS) and GIS functionality and concepts in Oracle Spatial (e.g. Spatial Analysis, linear referencing system, etc.)
- Master Level Degree in computer science, Geographical Information system (GIS) or related field’s
- Certification on Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Topobase and/or Oracle Spatial technology is an asset.
← Back to Job List