Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geospatial Data Specialist
Universal Mineral Services Ltd.
- Posted on: July 14, 2021
- Expires on: August 13, 2021
- Full Time
- Vancouver, BC
- Visit Company Website
Position: Geospatial Data Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Geospatial Data Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Universal Mineral Services Ltd. is a junior exploration company, based in Vancouver, BC, and comprised of four businesses, Fury Gold Mines; Sombrero Resources; Tier One Silver; and Torq Resources, with additional subsidiaries in Chile and Peru. The Companies’ management team has raised over $550 million with monetized successes and are continually reviewing mineral targets in pursuit of acquisition, strategic exploration, and significant discovery.
We focus on:
- Corporate culture
- Team building
About the Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Geospatial Data Specialist to be part of the Vancouver based geological team at UMS Mineral Services Ltd. Reporting to the Manager of Resources & Database, you will provide in-office technical and marketing support for the geological team, on projects located throughout Canada and South America.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role (4 years+);
- Professional background in Geology or a related discipline;
- Must have strong proficiency with ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro;
- Must understand relational database model, have experience with SQL language, advanced level of MS Excel or Google Sheets proficiency;
- Knowledge of Mineral Exploration workflows (Field Sampling/Mapping, Core Logging, Drafting, Laboratory analysis, QAQC);
- Knowledge of acQuire, Fulcrum, Google Data Studio, MX Deposit, SharePoint, ArcGIS Online, and Imago are considered assets;
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills, ability to quickly learn new tools/technologies;
- An ability to communicate and work effectively with other employees and contractors using tact, courtesy, and good judgement;
- Some field experience in mineral exploration is preferred;
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Implement and support real or near real time cloud-based field data capturing, related but not limited to drilling, surface sample collection, geological mapping.
- Ensure all data collected from the exploration and compilation programs is reviewed and validated before submission to DBA / GIS administrators with focus on automated or semi-automated data validation.
- Implement and support real or near real time project status dashboards as requested (Data Studio/Power Bi or such)
- Ensure server/cloud folders are organized and contain current information.
- Prepare and maintain spatial products such as maps, sections, and 3D projects when required (ArcGIS, Leapfrog).
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control for data as a technical reviewer.
- Work with the Exploration DBA and GIS Administrators to ensure the correct adoption of applications at site.
- Researching and compiling historic exploration and government geoscience information.
- Provide specialized software and data support to site staff.
- Provide site training to users.
- Support the corporate Geo-Information Group as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefit package.
Please quote ‘Geospatial Data Specialist’ in the email subject line when directing your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
← Back to Job List