Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Geospatial Image Analyst
- Posted on: April 6, 2021
- Full Time
- Nepean, ON
- Visit Company Website
- Nepean, ON
- Full-time, Permanent
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Geospatial Image Analyst on our Geointelligence team at our Nepean office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs
- Supports the DND/CAF Collection Manager in planning DND/CAF RCM satellite data acquisitions using the RCM GS OHS.
- Maintain the master tracking planner for all acquisitions from planning to delivery
- Prepare and send the Weekly Acquisition Processing Report to Aldergrove
- Assist with maintaining the incoming requests and plan missions as required
- Back-fill for the Collection Manager when attending meetings
- Respond to client/CSA queries as required
- Any duties or tasks that the Collection Manager might request as required
- The Geospatial Image Analyst must have a combination of experience and education in GIS/Geomatics
- Training as an Imagery Analyst to CF Specifications
- Good problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be a team player and yet work unsupervised on a project
- Familiar with using Microsoft Excel and other tracking tools
- Experience in Collection management
- Additional years and broader experience in the mandatory categories
- Experience working in a military environment
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge and experience using software tools for remote sensing product order management
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Reference ID: R10143← Back to Job List