Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: July 31, 2018
- Calgary, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada’s most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights’ Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada’s Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list.
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today – we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Geospatial Technologist to join our Geomatics Team. Reporting to the Director Geospatial Solutions, this position will be responsible for developing 3D Cloud points and providing 3D measurement solutions.
- Develop 3D Cloud points for clients; create 3D models based on field survey data
- Provide 3D measurement solutions to complex tasks encountered in industrial and construction environments
- Registration for Complex 3D data collection
- Drafting plans in 2D and 3D extracted from 3D laser scanning point clouds
- Share knowledge and expertise, assist team members in problem solving
- Diploma or degree in Computer Drafting & Design, Geomatics Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in comprehensive computer and programming skills, which include MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), Cyclone, TruView, Pointools, Faro Scene, LFM, AutoCADCivil3D, Simlab, Edgewise
- Experience with 3D Laser Scanning, data acquisition and processing; related 3D technologies, CAD, photogrammetry,
- Advanced Skills in Registering 3D laser scanning data
- Expert level knowledge of Leica Cyclone and related applications
- BIM experience an asset
- TopoDOT experience an asset
- Experience converting data from a cloud point format into CAD format (2D and 3D)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Competent leader with excellent team building skills
- Proven track-record of implementing solutions to increase client productivity and efficiency
- Excellent English communication, written and oral
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.