Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Big Lakes County
- Posted on: January 8, 2020
- Expires on: February 7, 2020
- Full Time
- High Prairie, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
Big Lakes County is seeking a qualified, highly motivated, and organized individual to fill the full-time permanent position of GIS Administrator. This position is in the community of High Prairie and we offer a competitive wage package and full range of employee benefits. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, this position is responsible for the County’s Geographic Information System, geodatabase, and mapping needs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for Big Lakes County’s GIS program including both back and front-end administration.
- Work with many different types of GIS software including but not limited to ArcGIS 10.5x for desktop, focus on ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online.
- Perform complex spatial data analysis using Spatial Analysis, 3D Analysis, Network Analysis, and others.
- Creating and modifying tools using Model Builder and Python.
- Utilize Python, VBA or Jscript to create complex labels, SQL and field calculations.
- Update and maintain all County GIS data.
- Generate maps, other GIS reports, and information products.
- Assign and maintain both rural and hamlet addressing.
- Develop mobile applications for staff.
- Provide assistance and support to other GIS users and external clients.
- Identify data issues and anomalies and develop strategies to correct them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completed post-secondary education in Geographic Information System (GIS) or related field.
- GIS, geomatics or related certificate would be an asset.
- 3-5 years GIS experience
- A strong working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.5x, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, QA/QC, spatial analysis, 3D analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, geodatabase maintenance, and GIS software.
- Municipal government experience would be an asset.
- Survey experience would also be an asset
- Criminal Records Check
- Provide 5-year drivers abstract
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills and an affinity for working with others within and outside the organization.
- Customer service orientation and helpful attitude.
- Balance numerous on-going projects at a time.
- Results oriented and efficient with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organization, communication, team, and presentation skills.
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.← Back to Job List