Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: July 30, 2020
- Full Time
- Edmonton, Alberta
Do you have a passion for data management and maintenance? The Pipeline Information and GIS team is looking for a GIS Advisor to ensure that its pipeline spatial database is maintained to meet operating and regulatory standards. As the GIS Advisor, you will interpret and transform project and field based data and use database maintenance tools to populate our centralized GIS database.
Come join Enbridge today!
What You Will Do:
- Technically author and execute pipeline data maintenance processes.
- Apply experienced analytical skills using GIS software and related products to complete advanced spatial and data analysis, trend analysis and data quality assessment in project and operational environments.
- Collaborate closely with other groups and field operations personnel, providing GIS-related technical and tactical support as needed. Investigate pipeline data issues and provide solutions, ensure customer happiness and regulatory requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and various partners as well as help build a positive environment of trust and inclusiveness within the Pipeline Information and GIS team .
Who You Are:
- Technologist Diploma and five or more years of experience or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the pipeline or transmission industry. Extensive knowledge of the GIS and Pipeline Industry experience with an understanding of the PODS data model (version 4.1 or higher).
- Experience using spatial database authoring tools such as Pipeline Office Studio (PLOS) and integrating GIS and Geospatial Solutions with enterprise wide applications.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Office cubicle environment, possible travel to other offices.
- Include but are not limited to: Sitting, Visual Requirement, Hearing Requirement.
- Include but are not limited to: Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information, understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions, understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule of yours and others on a short-term and long-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit. Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations and series.
- Include but are not limited to: Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines and complete routine forms, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information, communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; required ability to hear and speak effectively on phone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.