Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: April 10, 2019
- Full Time
- Calgary, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a GIS Analyst to join our Information Management team on a full-time basis based in Calgary.
The successful candidate must have experience working with Geographic Information Systems, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be focused on providing high quality service, and have a strong desire to complete projects accurately, on time, and in a professional manner. The successful candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills as they will be working with clients and staff at all levels within our company.
An overview of your role will include:
- Work with project managers and clients to complete and manage the GIS portion of projects
- Provide GIS support for a wide range of technical disciplines
- Under the direction of senior GIS analysts, conduct GIS analysis to provide specific GIS solutions to various problems
- Delegate tasks to and supervise junior staff
- Assist with information management problems that require a GIS solution
- Generate cartographic products and datasets supporting multi-disciplinary projects
You will have a background in:
- A technical diploma or degree with 2 to 5 years of related work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and respond to the needs of clients
- Understanding of quality control measures appropriate for information management and cartography
- Strong understanding of data management concepts
- Project and client focused with regard to timelines, team engagement, communication, and schedules
- Solid understanding and experience of Geographic Information Systems and particularly ESRI products and data formats (ESRI ArcGIS V10.X, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Model Builder)
- Demonstrated experience of remote sensing data processing and analysis (Satellite Imagery, LiDAR)
- Experience with some or all of the following will be considered an asset: ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, Python scripting, FME, PurView, eCognition, AutoCAD, and EQuIS
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.← Back to Job List