Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: May 8, 2019
- Expires on: May 26, 2019
- St Albert, Alberta
- Visit Company Website
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 66,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert has undertaken a transformation of the Innovation and Technology Services branch using ITIL methodologies and formal project management. In addition, the City is pursuing “Smart City” initiatives designed to leverage new technologies such as data analytics, enhanced communication networks, sensors, performance indicators, open data, and other technological transformations designed to make the City more financially efficient, prepared for growth, and engaged with and responsive to the needs of our residents.
The City of St. Albert is looking for a GIS professional to work collaboratively within our Corporate GIS team to serve the needs of the City of St. Albert clients requiring geographic-based information and analytics. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining web-based and mobile GIS applications. You will also be responsible for data management activities, including capture, update, conversion, and corporate database development. You will create and update map products and perform spatial analysis. Client technical support and client software training will also be required. The role requires that you both proactively and reactively support the technological, business process, training and technical support needs of clients and must be able to juggle multiple projects with constantly evolving priorities.
The individual we seek is conscientious, client focused, has a high level of initiative and excellent interpersonal skills. You have an aptitude for learning new technology and have the ability to translate business needs into GIS solutions.
This is a term position from June 2019 to June 2020
• Advanced Diploma in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography or a related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering or a related field) combined with at least 5 years of progressive GIS experience with ESRI products, preferably in government operations. Or an undergraduate degree in GIS or a related discipline combined with at least 3 years of experience as outlined above.
• Hands-on experience in GIS application creation (mobile data collection and web-based), including gathering requirements, design, implementation, training and support.
• Comprehensive knowledge of database concepts, including hands-on experience with modeling, creating, using, maintaining, processing, and translating. Experience with image and vector caching, scripting, automation development, and cartography design principles.
• Sound communication and presentation skills, and familiarity with project management (e.g. PMI) techniques.
• Preferred candidates will be familiar with ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS Pro, ArcSDE, Geocortex, FME, FME Server, SQL Server, XML, and Python.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks).
$75,554 – $91,923 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.