Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: September 30, 2019
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Waterloo office is looking for a GIS Analyst to join our growing and dynamic Canadian Operations.
Working as a GIS Analyst, you will participate in Civil, Municipal, and Environmental Engineering projects on activities pertaining to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Data Management.
The successful candidates will perform the following tasks:
- Preparation and delivery of GIS figures for environmental reporting
- Gather, compile, migrate and convert data sets for project needs from a variety of internal and external sources
- Research, update, and maintain numerous GIS datasets and templates
- Evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate
- Scripting workflow efficiencies and new deliverables
Recommended Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Studies, or equivalent, with 0-5 years meaningful experience
- Proficiency of ESRI GIS software ArcMap 10.x
- Experience in data conversion, database management, and GIS digitization and analysis
- Experience using python, VBA in ArcMap, and SQL
- An understanding of the definition, projection, and application of different coordinate systems for both feature datasets and imagery in ArcGIS
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Self-motivated while working independently
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, analytical and time management skills
The following experience considered an asset:
- Previous consulting experience
- Environmental Studies or Earth Sciences background
- Experience in database design and database management
- Experience with Online/Web mapping
- Experience with FME workbench, and VBA in ArcMap
- LiDAR and UAV data processing
- UAV piloting and certification
- Remote Sensing analysis and data processing
- Workflow optimization and custom tool development
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
← Back to Job List