Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: June 21, 2020
- Full Time
- Quesnel, BC
- Visit Company Website
West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
As part of the Woods team based in Quesnel, BC you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of an integrated Information System utilizing ArcGIS (Desktop & web GIS), ArcSDE and Oracle database. The position will include analysis for strategic and operational planning projects. This position will also work closely with our corporate technology and GIS group.
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary GIS program
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS, Geodatabase, ArcSDE, web GIS, FME
- Understanding of RDBMS principles (esp. Oracle) and SQL
- Familiarity with data management systems such as the Land Resource Manager (LRM) would be an asset
- Some programming skills, in Python or other language
- A clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and management skills
- Forestry education or forest industry background would be an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance & quality control of spatial data in The Land Resource Manager (LRM) for the Woods Department
- Prepare & submit digital data to government, to provided standards
- Work with Woods Staff on mapping and analytical projects
- Support Woods staff with LRM and GIS tasks
- Generate and provide LRM reports for all forestry applications
- Work with other licensees and consultants to ensure data exchange standards are maintained
- Provide support to other BC and Alberta Woods teams, remotely
- Work with and train/mentor new GIS staff across the company
Quesnel is a community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia and offers a close knit, friendly atmosphere with modern recreation, education and medical facilities, and excellent outdoor living opportunities.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your resume and cover letter in confidence on our website.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.← Back to Job List