Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
District of North Vancouver
- Posted on: November 15, 2020
- Expires on: November 23, 2020
- Full Time
- North Vancouver,BC
- Visit Company Website
JP#20 – 63
If you are civic minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. The District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. We are a flexible, family- friendly employer with an earned time off program and an inclusive work-place culture. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action.
A challenging career opportunity is immediately available for a GIS Analyst to work as part of our GIS team. We are looking for a progressive individual with a diverse skill set who can make leading edge contributions to a geographic information system. The organization and the community utilize spatial information from our progressive and mature GIS on a regular basis. You will be responsible for making maps, helping to maintain over 300 data sets, performing complex analysis, running system diagnostics, creating databases, helping to develop web and desktop applications, and performing customer service and system administration functions.
The successful applicant will have:
- A positive attitude and be able to collaborate within a team environment. You should also be analytical, detail-oriented and able to use your problem-solving skills to organize and analyze complex datasets and effectively communicate results.
- Excellent understanding of GIS systems including software, hardware and common data sets.
- Thorough knowledge of Esri’s Enterprise ArcGIS software. Specifically, ArcGIS Desktop, Pro, Server, and Collector.
- Knowledge of relational database design, concepts, and techniques, preferably in an ArcGIS Enterprise Geodatabase environment.
- Familiarity with application design and development, preferably related to web-based applications.
- Familiarity with ortho-imagery, lidar processing, and FME would be beneficial.
- Municipal GIS experience is beneficial but not required.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree program in a related discipline such as Geography or Computer Science, including courses in spatial information systems and sound related experience, or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
The hourly pay range for this unionized position is $36.45 – $43.04 (2019 rates) per hour based on a 35-hour workweek. The District offers a comprehensive benefit package, modified work week, learning and development opportunities, along with a respectful workplace environment and an on-going commitment towards work/life balance.
If you are an enthusiastic results-orientated individual with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills who wants to “make a difference” in local government, please apply with your resume and cover letter online at https://careers.dnv.org by November 23, 2020.
We wish to thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.← Back to Job List