Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
GIS Analyst (Crime)
- Posted on: August 2, 2018
- Oakville, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
The Halton Regional Police Service is seeking a permanent full time Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst with proven experience in map data and mapping applications, creating and maintaining maps, map layers, interfaces and mapping related data, and optimizing mapping applications in static and mobile environments. This is a rewarding position for an ambitious candidate with excellent results orientated, problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience required in creating, developing and maintaining GIS databases and developing and maintaining map layer data.
• Demonstrated experience including analysing GIS data, compiling and preparing geographical statistic reports based on spatial data.
• Minimum 3 year community college diploma in a computer science, database/application development, or other related field.
• Database Administrator Certification or GIS Certification is required.
• Strong communication skills, ability to express ideas and technical details in writing, verbally or during presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to react quickly to different events and apply the knowledge and troubleshooting skills for fast resolution and minimum impact on policing operations
• Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiatives and accountability
• Strong organization and time management skills
About Halton Regional Police Service
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) is proud to serve the residents of Halton and is dedicated to providing proactive, reactive and preventative policing strategies to the growing communities of Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills. According to recent demographic trends, Halton Region is experiencing the 3rd fastest population increase in the Greater Toronto Area.
This position is located at HRPS Headquarters in Oakville (QEW & Bronte Road), and offers candidates an exciting workplace opportunity, away from the hectic commute to the city.
The salary range for this positon is $76,258 to $83,801. We offer a competitive benefits package which include but is not limited to healthcare benefits (i.e. dental, vision care), paid leave (i.e. annual vacation and designated holidays) and the Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement Systems (O.M.E.R.S.) pension plan.
All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy. Application to our Service requires a two-step process: initial registration on the system and then application to a specific position.
No phone calls or emails, please. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.← Back to Job List